The Web 2.0 Business Conundrum.
1) Founders have a cheap, clever idea.
2) People use the idea because it meets a need, is free and uninterrupted.
3) Founders focus on serving their growing audience better.
4) Moneymen swarm around.
5) Founders claim that business model will emerge.
6) Sales organisations flock to the idea in order to exploit it for their ends.
7) Founders decide that advertising must be the business model.
8) Users begin to resent changes and fail to provide revenue.
9) Founders realise traditional tactics don't apply in a disrupted world.