Make Marketing History

The views of a marketing deviant.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Stamp Of Diapproval.



I'm currently reading Cormac McCarthy's The Road which I came to as a result of a number of personal recomendations. They all included the proviso "ignore the Oprah's Book Club sticker."

Marketing is full of labels, both literal and metaphorical. They're meant to serve as cerebral shorthand, but never forget that they actually mean different things to different people.

To me, the label that mattered was neither Oprah's nor indeed that of Pulitzer (which I just discovered today) but rather the metaphysical label that is a steer from people whose judgement I trust in this specific area.

1 Comments:

Blogger kaylen said...

not that anyone could have seen it coming, but, we McCarthy fanatics picked it up before any stickers could mar its surface.

my personal theory is: oprah never read this book. simply saw the title and assumed it was about personal growth.

10:10 PM, May 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home