Valentine's Day Minifesto.
1) Attraction is not based upon analysis-friendly delineators like age and socio-economics.
2) Attraction is based upon shared passionate responses, attitudes and enthusiasms.
3) Courtship messages cannot therefore be imposed, but must be offered up for acceptance and confirmation.
4) They must come from the heart in order to ensure that the love is shared and genuine.
5) Real love is not symbolised by trinkets or commercially imposed time-scales or occasions.
6) True seduction does not take place in noisy pick-up joints where everybody is trying it on.
7) Intoxicated behaviour doesn't often lead to long term relationships.
8) True seduction takes place in arenas of shared commitment and involves listening as much as throwing out lines.
9) Consummation is only the beginning - but you still have to be worth it - you have to deliver and not leave any nasty surprises.
10) Creating real, lasting love requires effort, repeated seductions and fidelity, so don't develop bad habits like making short cuts, failing to evolve or taking things for granted.
Inspired by Hugh's tales from the front line and applicable in many areas of life.