Make Marketing History

The views of a marketing deviant.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Attention Deficit.



If you stand on a street corner staring up at the sky on a Saturday night, it's amazing how many people walk by without noticing or wondering why you're doing that. The few that don't, see a total lunar eclipse - the best in fifteen years. Some admit that they'd read about it, but had forgotten it was happening and all too many were completely oblivious to all the publicity. More people stop when they see more than one person looking.

Even when something is pre-advertised, free and remarkable, it's hard to get people's attention.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ron Elizondo said...

Oops...Guilty of knowing and not remembering. I guess we're all guilty of it every now and then.

But then again with the HUGE amounts of information we're being -bombarded- with and the fact that even with all the technology we now have we still are but simple human beings, it is not easy to retain 100% of the info we get.

Just as a question to spark comments... Do you think there is someone to blame for this (too much info causing us to lose it, as ironic as it might sound..)??

Keep up the great blog,
Ron E.
http://www.brandcurve.com

11:46 AM, March 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can say for myself - I was not watching it because i'm completely uninterested in astronomy, it cannot raise a single emotion in me, Im bored by it, i dont like it. On the other hand, I love different forms of arts (human created things). Do you have a diagnosis for me?:)
Though I agree, that many people didnt look at the moon because they were just too busy thinking about how busy they are.

2:53 PM, March 05, 2007  
Blogger lyndyloo said...

I can confirm there are plenty of people who will walk straight past you and in one case, right into you. I made it out of the bar on several occassions to look up into the night sky and try to get a shot of the eclipse (to little avail). It was wondeful and once I'd seen it and it was passing I finished my drink and walked home.
Lyndyloo
-x-x-x-

8:05 AM, March 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skies were clogged with clouds in Romania. Not a single star or ray of reddish orange light managed to break through. Did get a bit of water in the eye, however.

1:56 PM, March 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home